Fall is slowly but surely turning into Winter, but before Fall comes to a close, why not soak up the rest of the season by making a delicious pumpkin soup? Pumpkin soup is a smooth yet hearty soup that is easy to make and uses some great seasonal produce that brings on a nice bold flavour. You’ll need a few essential ingredients, a little bit of time and, of course, pumpkin!
- 4 Cups Of Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Onions, Diced
- 1-2 Cloves Of Garlic, Diced
- 6.5 Cups Of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Cup Of Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Bring the chicken stock, pumpkin, onions, garlic and salt and pepper to a rolling boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low to keep the ingredients simmering for about 30 minutes.
- Once simmered, pour the soup into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Once smooth, return the soup to the previous pot and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the soup has come to a boil, reduce heat back to a simmer for about 20-25 minutes uncovered.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream until well mixed. Once combined, your soup is ready to serve!
- Garnish with homemade croutons, parsley or serve as is.
This soup is best enjoyed when surrounded by family and while keeping warm next to your Valor Fireplace.