When you think of Christmas baking, what is the first thing that comes to mind? For most, it’s easy to think of cookies, pies, bars, bite-sized treats or even homemade chocolate.
But one of the most popular items on a Christmas baking list would be gingerbread and usually in the classic form of gingerbread man cookies or perhaps a house! Now, to put a fun and exciting twist on the classic treat, why not make a holiday gingerbread cake that will feed a crowd or a large family while bringing in those classic flavours everyone loves over the holiday season.
- 2 1/2 Cups Of White Flour
- 1/2 Cup Of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Of Ginger (ground)
- 1 Teaspoon Of Ground Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Of Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Of Molasses
- 1 Cup Of Hot Water
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°. While the oven preheats, prepare your cake pan by lightly greasing it with butter or cooking spray.
- Next, use a large bowl to mix together sugar and butter until creamed. Mix in the molasses and beat in the egg until smooth.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, stir until combined. Mix together the wet and dry ingredients until completely combined.
- Next, add the hot water to the mixture, stirring until combined. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Use a toothpick once baked to ensure doneness. Let cool before serving.
This cake could be served as is, or you can also add a cream cheese frosting to make to add decadence. This cake is great for groups, coffee breaks or enjoyed in front of your Valor Fireplace.