There is almost nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie on a cold winter’s day; in fact, if you pair it with a hot drink or a glass of milk, you’ll have the perfect combination.
These cookies would make a fantastic gift wrapped up under the tree or as a family snack on a cold day. Keep reading to learn how to make homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies:
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Of Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 Cups Of Flour
- 1 Cup Of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Of White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Of Salt
- 3 Cups Of Oats
- 1 Cup Of Chocolate Chips
- Begin by preheating the over to 325°. While the oven heats, prepare two baking sheets by greasing the surface lightly with butter.
- With a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars until the mixture is smooth.
- Once smooth, mix in one egg at a time and add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; pour into the mixer and stir by hand until combined. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Scoop spoonfuls onto the baking sheets and bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool before serving.