Easter is slowly creeping up around the corner with the arrival of Spring. As we find ourselves at home, this is a great year to try and make your own easter candy that everyone in your home can enjoy. One of the easiest and most delicious chocolate treats to make is homemade peanut butter cups right in the comfort of your own kitchen. These great treats can be made in a big batch and can be frozen for a later date.
Once you have whipped up a batch, consider serving them as a side to your dessert or as a late-night snack enjoyed in front of the flickering flames of your Valor Fireplace.
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- cupcake liners
- Filling options: coconut, peanuts, raisins, easter candies, dried fruit etc.
- Start by melting your chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave alternating between melting for 1 minute and stirring for 1 minute.
- Once your chocolate is melted, pour a small amount into each cup, and rotate each cup to help the chocolate evenly coat the bottom.
- Once finished, freeze the liners with the chocolate for 10-15 minutes. While those are freezing, combine the peanut butter with the icing sugar, adding more, if more sweetness is needed. Mix together well until smooth.
- Once smooth, grab your chocolate from the freezer and slowly start adding a drop of peanut butter to each chocolate disk. Use your hands to warm the peanut butter and spread it evenly. This is a great time to add extras if you would like fillings in your peanut butter cups.
- Once you have added your peanut butter to each disk, simply pour the remainder of your chocolate directly over each disk. Once all of them have been covered in chocolate, let them freeze for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately, freeze for later use or use them as garnishes on your Easter dessert! Whatever you decide, make sure to enjoy these sweet treats with someone you love.