Heading out to your local coffee shop and picking up your favorite drink can be an easy habit to get into. But have you ever considered saving the cost and making a similar replica at home? Not only will this save you money regularly, but it will also give you a chance to get creative with your own drink and enjoy it at home or on the way out the door.
The drink of choice for the upcoming warmer months is cold and refreshing iced coffee, as it can be made in a personal size batch or a batch big enough for a group or party. In fact, we highly suggested enjoying a batch of this yummy iced coffee while gathered around your Valor outdoor fireplace as you will achieve the perfect mix of refreshment from your coffee and radiant warmth from the fire. For more information on Valor, please visit here.
- Strong, brewed coffee
- Ice or coffee ice cubes (see below)
- Flavouring: vanilla, peppermint, caramel etc
- Start by brewing a pot of coffee, extra strong through your normal method of making coffee. Once brewed, pour into a glass carafe and add your desired amount of sugar or sweetener and chill in the refrigerator. If you would like to make some coffee-flavoured ice cubes, separate a small amount of coffee out of the batch.
- While your main brew is chilling in the fridge, mix together the small portion of coffee and mix it with a small amount of cold water. Once mixed, pour this mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once your coffee has completely chilled, grab your coffee ice cubes from the freezer and get ready to serve. If you have any flavourings to add, add them to each serving separately for equal proportions. Next, add in your coffee ice cubes or just regular ice if you prefer. From here you can pour your ice coffee in and add milk to taste.
- This recipe is great for personal-sized drinks or for a larger gatherings, just increase the amount of coffee, ice and milk for more guests!