When you’re in a hurry to bake some treats, it can be a real pain to have to heat up the oven and wait for it to pre-heat and go through the process of baking yourself cookies. So it can be convenient to have a quick cookie recipe on hand, and even better if it doesn’t involve baking!
The best part is it won’t take long before you have yummy snacks to serve to family and any of your guests. These no-bake chocolate cookies couldn’t be easier to whip up, and they taste delicious whether you serve them fresh or freeze them for later use
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk (Non-dairy milk also works)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or raisins
- Start by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, careful not to burn the butter.
- Once melted, add in the sugar and milk, stirring until completely smooth.
- Bring this mixture to a boil for about 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Next, remove the mixture from the heat and add in the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips/raisins. Mix well.
- Spoon cookies onto a wax paper-lined baking tray, and sprinkle raisins or chocolate chips over the cookies.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Store in a sealed container to keep cookies fresh.
These cookies are best enjoyed with friends, family or guests. They make great summer cookies as you won’t need the oven and can be enjoyed outside in front of your Valor L1 Linear Outdoor Fireplace. For more information on this unit, please visit here.