We all know the best way to cool off from the summer heat is to indulge in some ice cream and relax somewhere comfortable. So why not get creative and create your own homemade ice cream sandwiches that everyone will love, and you can put your own twist on. These cooling treats are perfect for dessert or as a snack in the middle of a hot day and can be frozen for enjoyment later on.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 packaged chocolate cake mix (Or whatever flavour you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
You’ll also need vanilla ice cream or your favorite flavour.
- Preheat your oven to 350° and lightly grease sheet pans with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together and to form a dough consistency.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the sheet pans and bake for 10 minutes.
- Ideally, you want to take the cookies out when they are still soft for the best results.
- Let cool completely before moving on to the next step.
- Finally, scoop your ice cream onto the cookie and top it with another cookie and enjoy!
Feel free to add your twist to these cookies by adding sprinkles, peanut butter, white chocolate etc.