When you think about a fall fruit that makes a great companion to almost any recipe, you may think of an apple! In this case, you can take those crisp apples and turn them into homemade apple bread. It’s similar to banana bread, but apples are used instead of bananas, which leaves a fantastic aroma while it bakes at home. This bread can be frozen after it is baked and cooled later when you need a dessert quickly.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 cups of apples, diced & peeled
- 1/2 cup of oil (olive or vegetable) OR Use 1/2 cup of applesauce for extra flavor
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add-ins: Chocolate Chips, Raisins, Walnuts Or Pecans
- Start by preheating the oven to 350° degrees, While the oven is preheating, prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat together all wet ingredients until well mixed. Once mixed, add in apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients except for the add-ins. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. This is also the time to add in any add-ins you may want to be included.
- Pour batter into the prepped loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick and extend time if needed.
- Let cool before serving!