This homemade apple cider is the perfect drink for the fall season, especially if you find yourself with last-minute guests, as it won’t take long to whip up a batch of this festive cider.
Once you’ve made your cider, make sure to top it off with a fresh apple garnish to celebrate the fruit of the season and add a refreshing twist to this warm beverage.
- 8-10 Apples, any variety of your choosing
- 3/4 Cup of white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of nutmeg or allspice
- 1 Lemon
- Prepare the apples by peeling, coring, and chopping. Once ready, put all apple slices into a large pot and pour water over top to just cover the apples.
- Next, sprinkle the sugar and seasonings over your apples and bring the entire mixture to a boil. Once you have reached a boil, continue the lightly boiling uncovered for one hour.
- Once the hour is up, cover the apples and bring them down to a simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain your cider several times to remove any leftover apple and serve! Cider can be kept in the fridge and reheated or can be served cold.