With the arrival of fall, another season has begun: pumpkin season! Pumpkins and pumpkin-flavoured items have become an extra popular hit around this time of year, and it usually comes in the form of baked goods or delicious treats. So, why not get into the spirit and whip up your own batch of soft, warm pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in your own kitchen. Not only are these cookies easy to whip up, but they are also a real hit with families, kids and any guests who may stop by for a visit. These cookies are best enjoyed with a warm drink while enjoying the radiant warmth and flickering flames of your Valor Fireplace.
- 1 Cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup of olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 Cups of flour
- 2 Teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 Teaspoon of water
- Chocolate chips, to taste
- Extra add in’s: Raisins, Walnuts, White/Dark Chocolate Chips
- Pre heat the oven to 350° and grease a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking spray or butter.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a medium bowl, stir until combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the spices mixing until combined. Then, mix in remaining dry ingredients to the flour mixture.
- Combine together the flour mixture and the wet mixture, until completely mixed together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and any other add-ins you prefer to the mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of these cookies onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.