With the changing of the leaves and outside temperatures dropping lower and lower, it’s easy to see that fall has officially arrived. So while we may find ourselves heading inside to get comfortable and warm, it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t bring a little of that fall feeling from the outdoors into our home.
By creating scented pinecones that have a smell of cardamom and cinnamon, you will bring a festive feeling into the house and a fresh scent that will greet anyone who enters. Check out the instructions below to make your own DIY scented pinecones for fall:
- Pinecones (From the craft store or found outside)
- White Glue
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cardamom
- Large Ziploc Bag
- Start by combining all spices and dry ingredients into the large Ziploc. Feel free to use any combination you like and make enough to cover the pinecones lightly.
- Next, lay the pinecones on a sheet of newspaper. Lightly, brush white glue over the surface of your pinecones until lightly covered. Let dry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your pinecones into the bag with the spices, seal closed and shake until all pinecones are covered with the spice mixture.
- Lay pine cones over the baking sheet covered in parchment paper or on a cooling rack and let them completely dry.