When it comes to the sweets world, doughnuts are a big deal! Not only are these handheld snacks delicious, but they also come in a tremendous amount of flavour varieties, and they come in all shapes and sizes.
The best part about doughnuts is that you can make almost an exact replica of your favourite doughnut at home with this easy, no-fuss recipe!
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 Cup of white sugar
- 2 Cups of flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
Oil is needed for deep frying*
- Begin by stirring together the vinegar and milk. Let stand for a few minutes until consistency is thick.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and the sugar together until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, salt together. Alternate pouring the flour and vinegar milk mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix together until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough onto a floured countertop to 1/3 thickness. Cut out your desired doughnut shape and let stand for 12 minutes.
- When the doughnuts are ready, heat the oil in a deep skillet to 375°. Fry the doughnuts in oil, turn once and remove when both sides are golden brown. Rest on a paper towel and sprinkle with sugar while doughnuts are still hot.
Enjoy these doughnuts immediately while curled up in front of the flickering flames of your Valor Fireplace.