With the warmer months coming up, we should be seeing a considerable increase in berries at our local grocery store, so why not use them to make something delicious! These muffins are the perfect snack when you’re on the go, or they can be served cupcake style with a layer of icing on top. Whatever you prefer, make sure to load these muffins up with your favorite berries and enjoy the taste of the upcoming summer.
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of mixed berries, washed and patted dry (Rasberry, Blackberry, Blueberry, Gooseberry etc.)
- Start by preheating the oven to 450° and line a baking tray with paper liners, set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Next, combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed and smooth. Once mixed, combine the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Fold the berries into the batter until just combined.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the liners, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For a fun twist, add icing to make them into a cupcake or simply top with chocolate chips before baking for a sweet treat.