As the temperatures keep rising higher and higher, it’s becoming a priority to stay cool. Unfortunately, it can be tough to beat the heat if you’re not near a lake or a pool. Luckily, we’ve gathered a few great ideas to keep you calm, cool and collected all summer.
- Create A Cooling Spray: It may sound a little wild, but you can create a spray that will cool your body temperature and make you feel comfortable in the summer heat. All you need is:
- A Spray Bottle
- 5 Drops Of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 Drops Of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 Cup Of Water
Pour everything into the spray bottle and give it a good shake. Spray this cooling spray on your arms and legs, but avoid contact with your face. You will feel yourself cooling off as the spray is applied.
- Bring Out The AC: If you have fans or an AC unit, now is the time to break them out and cool off the home! If you are using fans, consider having several around the house to keep the cold air flowing.
- Choose Cotton: Sleeping in the summer can be difficult due to the heat, so it’s essential to do whatever you can to keep cool. A great tip regarding your bedding is to go with cotton bed sheets for cooling comfort as you sleep.
- Doors & Blinds: To cool down the home, consider closing all the doors, windows and blinds, as it can make a big difference in heat reduction. This will reduce the amount of hot air entering the house and keep the interior cool and comfortable when you need an escape from the outside.
- Let The Night Air In: When the day finally comes to a close and the night cools down the temperature outside, let the air in! Open any doors and windows and let the cool night air into the home overnight; close up the windows as you head to bed and trap the cool air in the house for a relaxed sleep.