While we would love to ignore that winter is on the way, it’s a great time to prepare our outdoor space for the colder season. Fall yard work can be pretty enjoyable with the cool but comfortable temperature, and the tasks aren’t too labour-intensive.
- Rake & Clean: While the leaves are beautiful as they change colour and fall from the trees, they, unfortunately, need to be dealt with before winter. So, take the time to rake the backyard from one side to the other and remove any tree debris or weeds. This w l leave your yard looking clean and make for easier cleanup once winter has ended.
- Lawn Care: Fall is a fantastic time to spend a little extra time on your lawn and prepare it to survive the winter and thrive in the Spring. Take t time to aerate the lawn, lay down grass seed & water the entire yard before the winter season arrives.
- Yard Trim: Over the Summer and Fall, the trees and bushes in our yard can get a little out of control. So, this is a perfect time to trim back everything as much as desired to allow for new growth and a clean look. Also, ok for large branches that may be a hazard over the winter months, especially if you tend to get snow.
- Final Mow: The lawn should be given one last mow before closing the shed for winter. This is great for the yard itself, and you’ll have a nice cleaned-up look as you head into the chillier months. Once you’re finished with the lawn, consider doing a small maintenance check on your lawn mower before it’s tucked away for a few months.
- Tool Clean Up: Once all the yard work is done and you’re happy with your results, it’s time to put away the yard tools. As mentioned above, lawn mower maintenance is essential and any other power yard tools you may have. Make sure to clean and put away all tools you won’t be using over the winter so they won’t be in the way and will be easy to find come Spring.