The most challenging places to clean in the home are usually the tiniest areas that can be hard to see unless you’re up close. This applies especially to locations in the bathroom, kitchen, and floors, more specifically, the grout surrounding our tiles!
While you can buy grout cleaners, it can be more cost-effective to make your own, and this homemade cleaner has been said to be a lifesaver in getting the dirt out of those small nooks and crannies. Keep reading to find out how to make your own DIY grout cleaner; before you know it, your floors, walls, and bathroom will be sparkling clean!
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Warm Water
- Toothbrush or grout scrubber
- Spray Bottle
- Start by pouring a 1/2 cup of vinegar into a microwave-safe container or bowl and heat for one minute.
- Once heated, pour the vinegar into a spray bottle and add roughly a 1/2 cup of dawn dish soap.
- Shake ingredients well until thoroughly combined within the spray bottle. Top off the mixture with a small amount of warm water.
- Once you have created your grout cleaner, spray directly on any grout lines within your home and let it sit for at least 5 minutes, but the longer, the better.
- Once set, use a toothbrush or scrubbing cloth to clean the grout and lift dirt.
- Finish by wiping the grout with a warm, damp cloth and see beautiful results!